JLL reports financial results for second-quarter 2022
Revenue up 17% (21% in local currency(1)) to $5.3 billion; fee revenue(1) grew 19% (23% in local currency) to $2.1 billion
CHICAGO, August 3, 2022 – Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (NYSE: JLL) today reported operating performance for the second quarter of 2022 with diluted earnings per share of $3.90, up from $3.82 in the prior-year quarter, and adjusted diluted earnings per share1 of $4.48, up from $4.20 last year.
- Top-line expansion was broad-based as most segments achieved 20% or greater growth
- Higher deal volume in the Americas and EMEA led the 28% increase in Capital Markets fee revenue
- Strong leasing performance continued across several asset classes, driving 23% growth in Markets Advisory fee revenue
- Outsourcing wins and greater demand in Project Management contributed to the 19% increase in Work Dynamics fee revenue
- Incremental headcount and investments to support existing and future growth more than offset higher revenue
- Nearly $300 million of share repurchases this quarter, continuing the return of capital to shareholders
"JLL showed strong and resilient performance through the second quarter, with double-digit fee revenue growth across nearly all of our business lines,” said Christian Ulbrich, JLL CEO. “We continue to see significant growth opportunities and intend to strategically invest in people and technology through the cycle in areas of our business which we believe will drive outperformance in the coming years. Our investment-grade balance sheet and free cash flow allow us to make these investments while continuing to return capital to shareholders.”
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $19.4 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 102,000 as of June 30, 2022. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.